Rental Rules Agreement/ Contract for Sheady Acres Cottages
The Cottages are located at 2956 Mountain Road, Montgomery Center, VT, 05471.
Phone numbers are 802-326-3130 or 802-393-3114
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. EST AND CHECK OUT IS 11 A.M. EST.
Please call ahead if you need to arrange early check-in. Late check out must be approved prior to departure day. If check out is later without approval you will be charged an additional nights rent. If check in will be later then 8 P.M. please call ahead so we can make arrangements for cottage entrance.
2. This is a NON-SMOKING cottage. Smoking is permitted outdoors but please dispose of cigarettes in proper bucket on porch (during warmer months please do not smoke next
to open cottage windows). Any attempt to disconnect the smoke alarm will cause it to go into a loud audible alarm state in your cottage as well as my home. We do not tolerate tampering with these devices, and you will be asked to leave with no refund.
3. PETS are permitted in rental cottages only with prior approval. A one-time pet fee applies. Pets must be on leashes at all times. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up any/all of their pet’s refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. All pets must be up to date on rabies
vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended. Treatment for fleas must be applied to pet before arrival. All items above are the sole
responsibility of the pet owner. The cottage owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury of pets or humans while on the premises. Rental cottages that are pet friendly
welcome well-behaved dogs. Unless bringing a crate, please do not leave your dog alone in cottage. There are no secured fenced areas. (In our experience we have found that
dogs left alone experience anxiety in their new surrounding and attempt to get out of door by scratching or chewing door or objects). Please be respectful of neighbors by not
allowing your dog to bark, by leashing your dog when walking and picking up after your dog. Bring a blanket or sheet for the furniture if you allow your dog on the furniture at
home. Owners are responsible for any damage caused by pets. We have dog beds available for the comfort of your pet.
4. FINAL PAYMENT-Payment in full for cottage plus the VT Meals and Rooms tax of 9% is due upon booking and must be settled before entrance of cottage is allowed. A
damage deposit will be charged to the credit card on file after departure if:
a. Damage is done to cottage or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. All debris, rubbish and discards are not placed in refuse containers and soiled dishes are not cleaned and put away.
c. Keys are taken and cottage is left unlocked upon departure unless otherwise stated.
d. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
e. Linens are lost or damaged. We provide separate towels for use of hot tub. Damage includes makeup and use on pets.
*Note: Your credit card will be charged accordingly to amount of damages
6. CANCELLATIONS – Any cancellations that are made to original booking, Shéady Acres has the right to forfeit the full reservation deposit unless the unit can be rebooked.
If this occurs, a $30 rebooking fee will be charged. Changes to original reservation or early departure do not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. If evicted there will be no
refund of rent or deposit.
7. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY– The maximum number of guests per cottage is limited to two (2) persons for the Sugar House, Caribe and Tea House. The Adobe and Irish
Farm House allow 3 to 4 persons.
8. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are provided in the cottage, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Fresh towels will be
supplied upon request. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cottages.
9. PARKING – Parking is limited to one vehicle per cottage. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted.
10. STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS – No refunds will be given due to weather related conditions. Our gravel drives are well maintained. As you likely already
know, mountain roads are twisting and steep, so don’t forget those snow tires and chains during the winter months. Four-wheel drive vehicles aren’t a bad idea either.
11. Shéady Acres does not provide refunds for issues beyond our control such as an appliance malfunction, TV/Cable or Internet blackout, power outages, acts of god, etc. If there is any issue regarding the condition of premises contact us immediately. Report any broken, damaged or non-working items upon your arrival or during your stay right away. Applicable charges will be applied for any damages incurred by occupant, guests or pets.
12. The Cottages are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illnesses that occur while on the premises or its facilities. The cottage owner is
not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm
arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
13. Access to property allowed in case of emergency by owner or repair people. I hereby give permission to charge my credit card on file if any damages shall occur
during my stay. I agree that all rental monies are non-refundable per cancellation policy above. By accepting the reservation and confirmation, I agree to all terms and conditions
of this agreement.